The biggest performance spaces at Lincoln Center won’t be holding indoor performances until at least the Fall, but the performing arts center will be holding shows and events in a different way starting in April.
Lincoln Center’s initiative is called “Restart Stages” and it will include outdoor concerts, ceremonies and even blood drives on its 16-acre campus.
Restart Stages venues will include:
- A cabaret-style stage on Hearst Plaza
- Dedicated family and kids’ areas with arts activities for young people
- Venues for rehearsals, opening up the artistic process to visitors
- Space for public school graduations, recognizing the extraordinary achievements of students under difficult circumstances
- An outdoor reading room, created in partnership with The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts
It all starts on April 7 with a special concert for healthcare workers.
Lincoln Center started experimenting with outdoor performances last year.
The program’s website is here, and should soon include a schedule.