Bareburger disappeared from 795 Columbus Avenue around 98th street earlier this year, only to be replaced briefly by a place called City Slickers Diner. But City Slickers didn’t last long, and now it looks like Bareburger is returning to the space.
Bareburger has put a new flyer in the window, and is applying for a liquor license there. (Bareburger didn’t respond to a request for comment.) A hearing about that license is on the agenda for this Wednesday at Community Board 7’s monthly Business Committee meeting at 250 West 87th Street. And that’s not the only new restaurant or bar looking for permission to serve alcohol or open a sidewalk cafe.
There’s also a bar looking to open in the former home of Spiga at 200 West 84th Street and something coming to 45 West 81st Street, the Excelsior Hotel. See the full agenda below.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee, Linda Alexander and Christian Cordova, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, September 11, 7:00 PM
New applications to the SLA for two year liquor licenses:
1. 795 Columbus Avenue (West 99th Street.) Columbus Avenue Kitchen LLC, d/b/a Bareburger.
2. 200 West 84th Street (Columbus Avenue.) Long Play Record Bar LLC, d/b/a To be Determined.
3. 774 Amsterdam Avenue (West 98th Street.) JPDB Hospitality, LLC, d/b/a To be Determined.
4. 269 Columbus Avenue (West 73rd Street.) Harvest Kitchen LLC, d/b/a Harvest Kitchen.
5. 450 Amsterdam Avenue (West 82nd Street.) Mee Tung LLC, d/b/a Land Thai Kitchen.
6. 45 West 81st Street (Columbus Avenue.) MD Hospitality, LLC, d/b/a To be Determined.
7. 940 Columbus Avenue (West 106th Street.) d/b/a To be Determined.
Renewal Unenclosed Sidewalk Cafés:
8. 189 Columbus Avenue (West 68th – 69th Streets.) Renewal application #2055693-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by VLC Upper West, LLC, d/b/a Vive La Crepe, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 4 tables and 8 seats.
9. 510 Columbus Avenue (West 85th Street.) Renewal application #2045884-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Motorino 3, Inc., d/b/a Motorino, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 4 tables and 12 seats.
10. 340 Amsterdam Avenue (West 76th Street.) Renewal application #1413323-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Amsterdam Ale House, Inc., d/b/a Amsterdam Ale House, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 11 tables and 32 seats.
11. Committee discussion of FY2021 DNS and budget priorities.