Almost the entire contents of a second-floor apartment at 112 West 74th Street fell to the ground as firefighters worked to put out a fire there this weekend. The furniture and other household items landed in the rear courtyard of the building. It was unclear what sparked the fire, but it drew 12 units of firefighters to the building around 5 a.m. on Saturday. It appears to have also damaged other apartments, based on the photo below.
The Red Cross of New York said it is helping the residents out.
Responded to FIRE @ 112 West 74th St, Manhattan, NY 10023 and helped 2 Residents. Red Cross auto update.
— NY Red Cross (@redcrossny) July 14, 2012
Photos by Lucia.