3 Star Coffee Shop on Columbus and 86th was closed by the Health Department this week for the third time in the past two years. (I think there’s a joke in here about “3 Stars” but I can’t think of it. If you can, let us know in the comments.)
To add insult to injury, our tipster says that the area all around that building, which has two other shuttered storefronts, does not seem to have been shoveled at all during Thursday’s blizzard.
Here are the violations, which earned the restaurant 35 points:
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Food worker does not use proper utensil to eliminate bare hand contact with food that will not receive adequate additional heat treatment.
3) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
4) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
5) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.
6) Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.