3 Star Coffee Shop on Columbus Avenue and 86th street recorded a shocking number of health violations in its most recent inspection. The neighborhood diner racked up a whopping 106 points!
Actually, knowing 3 Star maybe it’s not so shocking. It was just November when 3 Star last had to shut its doors at the hands of the health inspector.
Check out what the inspector found this time:
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
3) Food worker does not use proper utensil to eliminate bare hand contact with food that will not receive adequate additional heat treatment.
4) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
5) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
6) Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
7) Hand washing facility not provided in or near food preparation area and toilet room. Hot and cold running water at adequate pressure to enable cleanliness of employees not provided at facility. Soap and an acceptable hand-drying device not provided.
8) Personal cleanliness inadequate. Outer garment soiled with possible contaminant. Effective hair restraint not worn in an area where food is prepared.
9) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
10) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
11) Duties of an officer of the Department interfered with or obstructed.
12) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
13) Pesticide use not in accordance with label or applicable laws. Prohibited chemical used/stored. Open bait station used.
14) Thawing procedures improper.
Thanks to Ronald for the tip.