Woman With Alzheimer’s Goes Missing from 95th Street (Update: Found OK)

Police sent out an alert about a 79-year-old woman suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, who went missing on Friday morning.

Update: She was found okay at a Brooklyn Hospital on Friday night.

“A Silver Alert has been issued for Nasereh Rejali, a 79-year-old white female from the area of West 95th Street and Broadway in Manhattan. The missing has Alzheimer’s and may be in need of medical attention.

Description: 5’0″ tall, 120lbs, with blonde hair. Wearing black pants, a black sweater, and silver shoes.

Last Seen: West 95th Street and Broadway in Manhattan at approximately 7:30AM on 07-13-2018.

If you see the missing person, please call 9-1-1.”

You can also call her family member Sammi at (646) 286-6188.

1. Carol Mennie says:

Thank goodness for your happy ending…My Mother suffered the same disease & was happily stopped by an alert doorman before exiting our WEA bldg. ID tags are critical to sew/write in all clothing worn by anyone with dementia; it took this incident to make me realize how critical!
      Carol M.

2. Elizabeth M. says:

Thank God! So frightening. My father also had dementia and once was missing for three days. He was found on the subway by a friend of my brother’s.

3. Susan says:

So happy she’s safe!

4. Jane W says:

I hope I’m not making people angry but folks with dementia or Alzheimer’s should have full time caregivers or be in assisted living facilities. Too much is at risk.

• EricaC says:

It is all very well to say that, but it is financially impossible for many. My mother needs 24-hour aides. Thankfully, so far, due to long-term care insurance and good fortune, we’ve been able to afford it, but I live with dread as to what happens if I lose my income. Whenever I read these stories, I am reminded how fortunate I am.

• Jan W says:

I’m so sorry 😐 to hear that. I should have known that it’s unlikely that Medicare will cover vital services like these.