By Jason Greenspan
I have been training the baby boomer and beyond fitness enthusiast for over 25 years and I can tell you the biggest fear is slowing down with age.
Although it’s changing, there are still many people over 50 who believe that it’s too late to build strength or give in to aging. This is a huge mistake!
Studies show that one of the biggest contributors to aging is inactivity, not aging itself.
So this is why it’s most important to begin a regular exercise program when over 50 — more than any other time in your life.
Unfortunately, if you’re inactive everything declines from muscle mass to cardiovascular capacity, balance etc…
When this happens that’s when you start to age.
We all have seen those in their eighties move and perform activities like they are ten or more years younger than their calendar age. I know I certainly have!
So… what can we do to increase our chances to live a long and quality life?
Other than having good genes, there are some simple things we can do to help slow aging to a crawl.
For the sake of keeping this article brief, I will give you some basic tips. If you have any questions and would like me to explain further, please send me an email.
1. Eat more omega 3 fatty acids- Fish like salmon, tuna and mackerel is a good start and nuts like walnuts, almonds and pistachios. Blueberries or any of your berry fruit family is a good choice as well.
2. Eat smaller meals and try intermittent fasting
3. Limit sugar consumption.
4. Exercise- Cardiovascular exercise at least three times per week and move every day. Strength train twice per week.
5. Limit alcohol consumption, don’t smoke and limit stress!
6. Train your brain with constant reading of books, attend workshops and lectures.
7. Have a large social network and maintain a positive attitude.
8. Stay on your feet- Try and stand every 20 minutes. Excessive sitting contributes to heart and many of other diseases.
At Silver Stars Fitness we’re on a mission to help improve the fitness level of as many men and women over the age of 50 not only in the NYC, but throughout the country.
Our fitness programs are based upon research that will help you improve your balance, cardiovascular endurance, posture, core and overall strength, flexibility and of course, lose weight and look better too!
Are you tired of wandering around the large commercial clubs?
Do you want to work with a staff that is specifically trained to design fitness programs for you?
Are you serious about accomplishing a goal and want help from professionals not inexperienced trainers?
Ask about out special offer of two weeks for $47!
Burn calories, torch fat, get stronger, improve your core strength and look better too all in 45 minutes of high energy fun!
Call and join our Fit For Life Baby Boot Camp Club!
Or Try our Fit For Life Small Group balance class and improve your balance, get stronger and decrease your risk for a fall.
Silver Stars Benefits:
- You Can Work With Us Either Live On Zoom, At Our Studio Or We Can Come To You!
- Personalized Attention & Accountability To Help Accomplish Your Goals.
- Become Part Of The Elite Silver Stars Community & Receive Daily Fit Tips, Daily Check-ins & a Personal Home Program.
- Train With Experienced & Certified Fitness Professionals That Are Specifically Trained To Work With YOU!
Call or email to schedule your free consultation and be one step closer to joining the Silver Stars club and improving your health and fitness level.
Jason Greenspan is the CEO and founder of Silver Stars Fitness. He has over 25 years experience training men and women over 50. Jason is an award-winning published author of the Book, Fitness For Real Life- The 8 keys To a Strong, Powerful & Youthful Body & The Amazing Water Bottle Workout.
He is certified by The National Academy of Sports Medicine and the American Council On Exercise as a Baby Boomer Fitness Specialist and has been featured in Shape Magazine, Men’s Fitness, The Washington Post, NY Post and has been seen on CBS with Dr. Max Gomez and NY1 with Cheryl Wills.
Silver Stars Fitness
850 7th Avenue, Suite 305
New York, NY 10019