City Opens New Temporary Covid Testing Sites, Including Near the UWS

Photo via NYC Mayor’s Office.

There are some new temporary sites to get Covid tests in the city, and they’ll be open through Friday, according to Councilmember Mark Levine, head of the council’s health committee. Officials are urging anyone who saw family or traveled this Thanksgiving to get tested within a few days of returning.

The testing spots are inside schools (which are closed these days). Not many of the locations are on the UWS, but for those waiting hours for tests at private sites, it might be worth it to go a little farther away.

One site on this list is Park West High School, 525 West 50th Street. (Click to enlarge)

The full list of Covid testing sites run through the city is at nyc.gov/covidtest.

1. Jolovenyc says:

Just saw on this site (https://www1.nyc.gov/site/coronavirus/get-tested/covid-19-testing.page) that there’s a new mobile testing site in Penn Station until Dec. 6:

Penn Station Arrivals Hall
      (Self Test Site)
      W. 31st Street & 8th Avenue
      New York, NY 10001
      Dates: November 30 – December 6
      Monday – Sunday, 8:30 AM – 6:30 PM

2. SunJoe says:

If you look closely you’ll see that none of these sites is anywhee near the UWS

• Bob says:

Ah, the old question of where the UWS starts. I’m in the 59th Street camp — neatly corresponds with the park, and anything below that is better described as “middle” than “upper.” But if someone wants to stretch it down to 50th, I can understand that given the somewhat similar feeling of that neighborhood.

• Boris says:

There should be no confusion about West 50th St. not being on the UWS.

• Bob says:

And the article doesn’t actually claim otherwise. But, then, I’m not the one all befuddled by the fact that 50th street is at minimum near the UWS!

3. Peter Pandle says:

Are these PCR tests & what is the turnaround time for results

4. rteplow says:

If you go to the one on Pleasant Ave then you can go to the Costco nearby in the same trip.

5. TODD JANTZ says:

I found that if you really want a quick plan without the lines, the testing through NYC Health+Hospitals at Penn Station has about 10 minute wait. It’s in the Arrival Hall Tracks in front of tracks 9 and 10
      It is a PCR test so it takes 3 days for results.

6. KLK says:

96&Amst. Tester wears mask under her nose. When spoken to says ‘I know’ and refuses to adjust masks even after she changes her gloves. Told her she was putting others at risk she continues to ignore me. Infuriating

7. Reynold says:

Run do not walk to the site at 525 West 50th St. – Park West High School! NO WAITING! You will see hand lettered signs for testing at the gate at the southeast corner of the school. Directions thereafter are very clear. We went today around noon and there were no people ahead of us. In and out in less than 10 minutes! They take your phone number and call you in 2 days with the results.

• riktikitok says:

Is 525 w 50th still open?

• Rick says:

I got tested at Park West HS and never heard back about my results. I called NYC Health + Hospitals and they said I was not in their system and this was not one of their sites. No idea how to get my results now.