A new taco spot may be replacing Sugar & Plumm, the restaurant and sweets shop on Amsterdam between 78th and 79th Streets that closed last year. The Community Board’s Business & Consumer Issues Committee will review an application for a liquor license from an LLC called Tacos Los Verdes at 377 Amsterdam Avenue on Wednesday. (The sign on the window originally said Tacos Los Vaqueros, as does the notice on the Community board website, but the sign on the door has since been changed to Tacos Los Verdes.)
And that’s not the only new restaurant expected to present plans. 8th Hill is looking to replace Isabella’s at 77th and Columbus. That restaurant is expected to serve Mediterranean food, different types of grilled meats, traditional homemade dumplings, salads, and “multifarious cold appetizers” (such as hummus, Babaganoush, spicy vegetables), owner Semi Feyzioglou tells us.
And Miznon UWS is planning to open at 320 Columbus Avenue, between 75th and 76th Street Street. It appears to be in the former home of Saffron. Miznon is the name of a restaurant that has a location in Chelsea Market and serves “Mediterranean street food.”
See all the liquor license and sidewalk cafe applications below. The meeting will take place at 250 West 87th Street.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee, Michele Parker and Christian Cordova, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, September 12, 7:00 PM
Alteration application to the SLA for an existing liquor license:
1. 430 Amsterdam Avenue (West 81st Street) Third Avenue Restaurants Inc, d/b/a Jake’s Dilemma.
New applications to the SLA for two year liquor licenses:
2. 283 Columbus Avenue (West 73rd Street) Parminder Singh, d/b/a To be Determined.
3. 359 Columbus Avenue (West 77th Street) 8th Hill Inc, d/b/a 8th Hill Inspired Mediterranean Cuisine.
4. 377 Amsterdam Avenue (West 78th Street) Tacos Los Vaqueros LLC, d/b/a To be Determined.
5. 2791 Broadway (West 108th Street) Francesco Capolongo, d/b/a To be Determined.
6. 320 Columbus Avenue (West 75th Street) Miznon UWS LLC, d/b/a Miznon.
7. 269 Columbus Avenue (West 73rd Street) Fish 269 LLC, d/b/a The Fling Fisherman.
Unenclosed Sidewalk Café Renewals:
8. 452 Amsterdam Avenue (West 82nd Street.) Renewal application #2034413-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by PB Wealth, Inc., d/b/a Senn Thai Comfort Food, for a four-year consent to operate an enclosed sidewalk café with 4 tables and 8 seats.
9. 1900 Broadway (West 63rd – 64th Streets.) Renewal application #1282969-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by 64 West Restaurant, LLC, d/b/a Bar Boulud, for a four-year consent to operate an enclosed sidewalk café with 38 tables and 76 seats.
Enclosed Sidewalk Café Renewal:
10. 2672 Broadway (West 102nd Street.) Renewal application #1472635-DCA/ ULURP#N170469ECM to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Mexican Festival NYC, LLC, d/b/a Mexican Festival, for a four-year consent to operate an enclosed sidewalk café with 19 tables and 56 seats.
New Unenclosed Sidewalk Café:
11. 417 Amsterdam Avenue (West 80th Street.) New application #12939-2018-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by BL 417 Amsterdam NY, LLC, d/b/a Bluestone Lane, for a four-year consent to operate an enclosed sidewalk café with 10 tables and 19 seats.
New Enclosed Sidewalk Café:
12. 240 Columbus Avenue (West 71st – 72nd Streets.) New application #644-2018-ASWC/ ULURP#N180237ECM to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Café Tallulah, LLC, d/b/a Café Tallulah, for a four-year consent to operate an enclosed sidewalk café with 12 tables and 40 seats.
13. District Needs Statement and Budget Priorities for FY2020:
Review of final draft of the committee’s section of the FY2020 DNS;
Discussion of last year’s budget priorities, followed by a committee vote in October.
Thanks to James, Harriet, Shari, Eliza and others for the tips about Tacos Los Vaqueros. If you have a tip, please send it to westsiderag at gmail.com. 8th Hill photo by Joeanna Saylor.