Runners near the end of the NYC Triathlon. Photo by Brian Boyd.
The New York City Triathlon will come through the neighborhood on Sunday, and several streets will be shut down while athletes compete. See here for the course route and below for street closures. The route will also run through Central Park. And read a column on how one local athlete prepares for the triathlon.
The following streets will be closed Sunday from 4 am to 2 pm for the NYC Triathlon as permitted by the Mayor’s Street Activity Permit Office (SAPO).
- Henry Hudson Parkway (Northbound) between West 57th Street and the Henry Hudson Bridge
- West 72nd Street between Riverside Drive and Central Park West
- West 79th Street between Riverside Drive and Traffic Circle (Near West Side Highway)
- Central Park West Drive between West 72nd Street and Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard
- Central Park East Drive between Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard and Terrace Drive
- Terrace Drive between East Drive and West Drive
- Henry Hudson Parkway (Northbound) between the Henry Hudson Bridge and the Mosholu Parkway
- Mosholu Parkway (Eastbound) between Henry Hudson Parkway and West Gun Hill Road