Community Board 7 will hold its first full-board meeting in about two months on Tuesday night at 6:30 and will cover a long list of topics, including the redevelopment of the ground floor of a building at 70 West 93rd street, several applications to change landmarked buildings, playground changes, and liquor licenses. You can also come to the meeting and speak on any topic you’d like during the public comment session. Check out the agenda below, or here.
The monthly community board calendar is here.
Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:30 PM
American Museum of Natural History
(Enter under the stairs on Central Park West)
Proposed Agenda Subject to Change
Approval of minutes from previous full board meeting
Chair’s Report, Elizabeth Caputo
Nominations of Board Officers for 2015-16
We welcome all members of our community (residents, businesses, CBOs) who would like to speak on issues of interest to them. Members of the community are granted one minute for remarks, and we will also accept a written copy for the record.
Manhattan Borough President’s Report, Diana Howard
Reports by Elected Officials
Reports by Elected Officials’ Representatives (One-minute remarks)
Elizabeth Caputo, Chairperson
1. “Community-driven Design of Inclusive Playgrounds”.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee
Michele Parker and George Zeppenfeldt-Cestero, Co-Chairpersons
2. Applications to the SLA for two-year liquor licenses.
- 286 Columbus Avenue (West 73rd Street.) Wine and Roses Bar and Cafes LLC, d/b/a To be Determined.
- 428 Amsterdam Avenue (West 80th Street.) Upper West Hospitality LLC, d/b/a Crave FishBar.
- 450 Amsterdam Avenue (West 83rd Street.) Gumbull LLC, d/b/a The Dead Poet.
3. 225 Columbus Avenue (West 70th Street.) FM70 Inc., d/b/a To be Determined.
New Unenclosed Café Applications:
4. 274 Columbus Avenue (West 73rd Street.) New application #7383-2015-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Birdbath Ventures, LLC, d/b/a Birdbath Duvet, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 4 tables and 8 seats.
Enclosed Café Renewal Application:
5. 366 Columbus Avenue (West 77th Street.) Renewal application ULURP# N120250ECM/ DCA# 1282506 to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Shake Shack 366 Columbus, LLC, d/b/a Shake Shack, for a four-year consent to operate an enclosed sidewalk café with 12 tables and 34 seats.
Land Use Committee
Richard Asche and Page Cowley, Co-Chairpersons
6. 70 West 93rd Street, Columbus Manor (Columbus Avenue.) The proposed action is a modification of the West Side Large Scale Residential Development pursuant to ZR Section 78-06(b)(3) to permit the construction of approximately 14,730 square feet of retail floor area at the ground floor of the building located at 70 West 93rd Street (between 92nd and 93rd), and the construction of a new rooftop open area at the level of the second story (above the retail area) for use by the building’s tenants.
Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
7. Landmarks Celebration. Resolution recognizing the 50th Anniversary of the NYC Landmarks Law and Value of Preservation
8. 305 West 72nd Street (Riverside Drive – West End Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a master plan for replacement windows on the south façade.
9. 470 West End Avenue (82nd – 83rd Street.) Application #17-3153 to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to establish a master plan governing the future installation of windows.
10. 645 West End Avenue (West 92nd – 91st Streets.) Application #16-8885 to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to replace windows.
11. 309 West 92nd Street, West Side Montessori Nursery School (West End Avenue – Riverside Drive.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a window replacement.
12. 32 West 76th Street (Columbus Avenue – Central Park West.) Application #17-3088 to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to alter the rear facade, and excavate the cellar and rear yard.
13. 270 West 77th Street (West End Avenue – Broadway.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a rear yard addition and facade renovations, including window replacement.
14. 328 West 108st Street (Riverside – West End Avenue.) Application #17-4022 to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to construct rooftop and rear yard additions.
15. 320 West 101st Street (Riverside – West End Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for front facade restoration work, window replacement, new 4-story rear yard addition and cellar expansion, and new stair bulkhead.
16. 324-326 West 108th Street (Riverside Drive – West End Avenue.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a front facade restoration, window replacement, rear yard alteration and 6th floor addition.
Parks & Environment Committee
Klari Neuwelt, Chairperson
17. Central Park. Reconstruction of West 84th Street/Mariners’ Playground.
Andrew Albert and Dan Zweig, Co-Chairpersons
18. Newsstand. N/W/C Columbus Avenue & West 92nd Street (IFO, 100 West 93rd Street.) New application #8504-2015-ANWS to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Mohammed F. Uddin to construct and operate a newsstand on the northwest corner of Columbus Avenue and West 92nd Street, in front of 100 West 93rd Street.
Elizabeth Caputo, Chairperson
19. Requests for leaves of absence:
A. Lillian Moore for three months beginning in June 2015.
B. Marc Glazer for three months beginning in June 2015.