The Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan’s 6th Annual Symposium on Positive Aging will take place on Monday, October 25 from 10 am-3 pm. Presented by the JCC‘s Wechsler Center for Modern Aging, the hybrid virtual/in-person symposium will feature a conversation between Rabbi Joy Levitt, CEO of the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan, and Pulitzer Prize-winning author and journalist Anna Quindlen. Quintessential modern agers, Anna and Joy will reflect on their decades-long relationship, and discuss the unique ways in which friendships become more critical as we age.
The afternoon session will include an array of thought-provoking workshops designed to educate and inspire, focusing on the theme of friendships and connections through shared interests and experiences.
Workshop offerings include:
- Really Being There, presented by Chaplain Dvorah Telushkin, Prayer Leader, The New Jewish Home
- Empathy and Support on Your Health Journey, presented by Rabbi Mychal Springer, Manager of Clinical Pastoral Care at NewYork-Presbyterian in conversation with Rabbi Jeremy Kalmanofsky, Congregation Ansche Chesed
- Impactful Volunteering, presented by Gary Bagley, Executive Director, New York Cares
- The Evolving Nature of Friendship, presented by Getting Good at Getting Older co-author Rabbi Laura Geller
- Reading and Writing: Family, Friends, and the Solace of Books, presented by Nessa Rapoport, author of Evening, in conversation with Susan Weidman Schneider, Founding Editor of Lilith magazine
- Social Media: A Link to Connection, presented by Barry Elkins and Abby Rich
- Exploring Friendship Through Theater, presented by actor Scott Klavan
- $36 – All virtual
- $54 – Morning in-person, Afternoon workshops virtual
- $118 – Supporter Level* – Morning in-person, Afternoon workshops virtual
The 6th Annual Symposium on Positive Aging is generously sponsored by 305 West End Assisted Living, The New Jewish Home, and Inspir Carnegie Hill.
*Sign up at the supporter level to have your name listed in the event program, be guaranteed the workshop of your choice, receive priority seating at the live event and a Wechsler Center gift, and help make magic happen!