This fall marks the return of adult swim classes at the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan on 76th street and Amsterdam! Whether you are new to the water and just learning to swim, wanting to perfect your technique, or looking for a water workout, the JCC has something for everyone.
- Learn-to-swim Adult Swim Clinics: In our Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Swim Clinics work on learning to swim or building stroke technique with our great instructors who plan each class around the swimmer’s current abilities.
- Freestyle Swim Clinic: This clinic is for swimmers looking to work on their freestyle stroke technique, form, and endurance. Work with our expert coaches on drills to develop your core strength, stroke timing, and stamina, and work towards a more efficient swim!
- Arthritis Water Exercise: These programs are designed to improve all aspects of fitness without joint stress. Our Beginner Level class is for those looking for a slow-moving exercise class. Our Advanced class incorporates more active exercises that focus on resistance in the water to help strengthen muscles and joints.
- Aqua HIIT: Looking for a fun and different way to exercise? Aqua HIIT takes all the advantages of HIIT (high-intensity interval training) and adapts it for the pool, ensuring an amazing full-body workout!
- Cardio Splash: Looking for ways to add cardio workouts to your routine? This class uses the resistance of the water to help improve cardiovascular fitness, endurance, flexibility, and strength! It will keep you moving from start to finish, and is adaptable for any fitness level.
- Aqua Barre: Influenced by ballet, Pilates and yoga, our Aqua Barre class is adapted to be unique, challenging, and effective in water. Participants can expect a medium-intensity workout focusing on all planes of movement and a variety of positions for a full body strength workout. Utilizing the side of the pool like a ballet barre, this class incorporates isometric movements while being low impact on bones and joints. Adaptable for any fitness level, no previous experience is required for this class.
Registration is now open for Fall Adult Swim Classes! Classes begin in September.
For questions about Adult Aquatic Programs, please contact Jannina Marie Galarza-Londoño, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in joining the JCC Pool? Join by August 31st and save $100 on Pool Membership! Click here for more info.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Please limit comments to 100 words and keep them civil. We delete comments that don’t adhere to community guidelines.