Openings & Closings: Beauty Box, Mighty Bowl, Vino Levantino, Broadway Pizza

Beauty Box, a new spa, is set to open on Broadway between 72nd and 73rd Street in October. Thanks to Gretchen for the tip.

Mighty Bowl, an Asian fast-casual restaurant at 321 Amsterdam Avenue between 75th and 76th Streets, is closing for good this coming Thursday. It had just opened in November. Thanks to Suzanne for the tip.

Vino Levantino, a wine bar and restaurant on 94th street between Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue, appears to have closed for good. Tipster Carol tells us that restaurant was selling everything, “including this big crystal chandelier (above) for $300. It’s a $3,000 chandelier . Wish I had room.” The restaurant had been doing takeout earlier in the pandemic, but now the phone isn’t going through and they didn’t respond to an Instagram message.

Broadway Pizza on Broadway between 103rd and 104th, which had a for sale sign for weeks, has reopened after being bought by new owners, tipster Nancy tells us. Last she checked, it’s got one table outside.

FOOD, NEWS, OPEN/CLOSED | 18 comments | permalink
    1. Steven says:

Damn, I loved Mighty Bowl.

2. Erika says:

Awww I loved Vino Levantino. It had a little tavern in a village feel. And great early bird specials. I’ll really miss that place and I hope all of its employees are OK.

3. Brian says:

Wow, bummer about Mighty Bowl. I thought my wife kept that place in business, but apparently not. Will have to trek to the east side location once again.

4. Pam says:

A sign at Szechuan Garden at W105th says that they are reopening on October 1st! Looking forward to it!
      Anyone have any news about Saigette on 106th and Columbus?

5. EB says:

Does anyone know if the butcher Schatzie’s has closed? I am getting no answer.

6. Jack Gordon says:

Sign on window of Westside Restaurant on Broadway at 68th St.: We will reopen Oct. 1
      YAY! My local fave!

7. Mark Moore says:

They serve FOOD in a BOWL??? What a revolutionary concept.

8. pizzalover in Manhattan Valley says:

I could never understand the longevity or the appeal of Broadway Pizza, except perhaps that it is close to the subway. With Sal & Carmine’s two blocks south, Cafe Viva and Cheesy Pizza not much farther, what did Broadway Pizza offer that could compete? Can anyone explain it to me?
      I suppose the latest arrival, Mama’s Too two blocks north, was the final nail in the coffin.

• Kathi says:

Right at the subway

• Pepper says:

Their spaghetti with meat sauce was pretty good. And it was reasonably priced. Not their meatballs though.

• Tom D. says:

Broadway Pizza used to be open late, I think til 2 a.m., so that after 10 p.m., their only nearby competition was Cheesy. But they and also the nearby Jerusalem Gyro cut back their hours a couple years ago and pre-COVID had been closing about midnight.

BTW: The new ownership at Broadway Pizza would appear to be the folks who operate Mexican Deli next door.

9. UWS Dad says:

Macaron Parlour on Columbus between 87th and 88th has closed down.

10. Wijmlet says:

Just what we need: a store that sells makeup to wear under masks

11. Peter Swan says:

hopefully Broadway Pizza will rethink the $5 delivery fee.