Do you want to improve your balance and strength, but don’t know where to start or not quite sure when to progress?
Set up your free consultation with Silver Stars Fitness – the Baby Boomer & Beyond Fitness Specialist and we’ll guide your through every step.
Whether you’re in your fifties and still playing sports, running or just living, you need to have good balance. Or you might be over 60 and you’re starting to think that you’re balance isn’t as good as it once was- Check out the tips below:
To Improve Balance:
- This is a simple one- practice static and dynamic balance exercises every other day for 5-10 minutes
- Strengthen your feet, ankles, thighs, hips, abs, low back and buttock muscles.
- Improve your posture
- Keep your hips and ankles mobile.
- Work on reaction time
- Do preventative exercise to reduce the risk of injury. Orthopedic issues can increase your chances of a fall. Core stability exercises and foot exercises as mentioned below should be added to your regular workout routine.
- Don’t look down at the ground while walking. Work on proper gait mechanics.
How To Get Stronger:
- Increase the challenge when the exercise is no longer a challenge.
- Change your exercise program every four to six weeks so your body doesn’t adapt and bored of the same movements.
- Strength train at least twice per week.
- Perform exercises that work a lot of muscles at once, such as squats, lunges, step-ups, pushes and pulls.
- Don’t forget about your core exercises such as planks, bridges, clams and bird dogs. This is your starting point .
- Get seven to eight hours of sleep.
- Sound nutrition.
Silver Stars Fitness is a private fitness studio and now franchise that caters and specializes in working with men and women over the age of 50 or as we like to say the “baby boomer & beyond” fitness enthusiast.
As our clients are so diverse in fitness levels, as we work with men and women who have never exercised before that have various orthopedic concerns to other clients that have been exercising their whole life and might function like their ten or fifteen younger than their calendar age.
Our personal training and small group classes are based upon research to help you accomplish your goals.
Small group training such as baby boomer boot camp and total body strength and conditioning are small groups of three to six people. These classes mimic personal training, as each client gets personalized attention versus a generic class of ten to thirty people that you see in most commercial clubs that cater to the younger clientele. We also have Yoga classes, private Yoga, Mat based Pilates and Thai massage.
Personal training and small group classes focus on cardiovascular endurance drills, balance work, core and overall strength, power, and flexibility all within a high energy and fun 45 minute session.
Are you a tennis player or golfer? Our certified tennis and golf specialist can design a personalized fitness program to help you improve your game.
How We Can Help You:
- Accountability: All clients and members receive our concierge program which includes daily fit tips and motivational text messages and emails. You’ll also become part of our private Facebook group and receive an in-home program
- Community: You’re not just another member. Upon sign up, you become part of our community with other like- minded fitness enthusiasts that want to accomplish a goal.
- Nutritional Support: If your goal is to lose weight o just to get on track to eating healthy, we provide daily nutritional support and weekly food log tracking.
- Affordable membership Options: We have simple, stress-free no commitment month to month and six month membership options. You can train once or twice per week. Three times per week by request.
- Experienced Staff: Our staff is specifically trained to design fitness programs for men and woman over the age of 50.
- The Silver Stars Small Group and Private Training Program: All programs are fun, progressive and based upon research to help you accomplish your goal.
If you’re tired of the large commercial club that cater to the twenty or thirty something and is serious about improving your fitness level, call or email us to schedule your free consultation.
Sign up before May 20th and receive 20% off and get a free Thai massage from our superstar therapist that all our members are talking about.
In-home training is also available for those that want the convenience of training at home.
Silver Stars Fitness
850 7th Avenue, Suite 305
New York, NY 10019