As the summer sun begins to set and back to school time rolls around, it’s time for parents to consider engaging their children in enriching activities that promote physical fitness, teamwork, and personal growth. Soccer, a globally beloved sport, provides the perfect avenue for young athletes to develop skills while having fun. Soccer Stars, New York City’s most popular youth educational program for over 20 years, offers an array of exciting fall soccer programs designed to unlock children’s potential both on and off the field.
Engaging in fall soccer programs can be an invaluable experience for children of all ages. Beyond the physical benefits of improved cardiovascular health, muscle development, and coordination, soccer cultivates a range of crucial life skills. These include teamwork, communication, discipline, perseverance, and self-confidence. It is also important for kids to get activity time every day away from screens. Soccer is the perfect NYC sport because not only does it get kids moving, but easy footwork activities can be done anywhere, including a small space within your apartment!’
Soccer Stars: An UWS Rite of Passage
Soccer Stars stands as a beacon of excellence in youth sports education, with a legacy spanning over two decades. What originally started as only 3 classes in Central Park, Soccer Stars now offers hundreds of classes each season at 10+ locations on the Upper West Side, including their flagship indoor facility at 89th Street and Columbus Avenue. This organization is renowned for its commitment to fostering holistic growth in young athletes through high-quality coaching, innovative curricula, low kid-to-coach ratios, and a nurturing environment. The fall soccer programs offered by Soccer Stars are thoughtfully designed to cater to various age groups and skill levels, ensuring that every child can find a program tailored to their needs.
- Parent & Me (Ages 1-2): Introduce your toddler to their parent participation movement program through a fun, physical learning experience. Every 40-minute toddler class helps promote social awareness, gross motor skills and cognitive development. Coaches will provide individual attention, positive reinforcement, and will play engaging original music to develop pre-soccer skills that will have your toddler learning to balance, run, kick and play – all while having a blast!
- FUNdamentals (Ages 2-10): The original Super Soccer Stars program teaches the fundamentals of soccer in a non-competitive, educational environment. The unique curriculum uses positive reinforcement and a low child-to-coach ratio to make sure each child feels confident in their own abilities, allowing kids to improve at their own rate. No matter their age, Super Soccer Stars has specific and progressive lesson plans built to your child’s developmental needs. Many of the program ages overlap so that you and your child can be comfortable with the level of play during your session.
- Development (Ages 4.5-12): The Development Program is designed for players who are poised for a higher level of play and are ready to learn under advanced soccer instruction. Licensed and experienced coaches work closely with players through a curriculum that gradually introduces new technical skills, tactical elements, and team concepts as players reach program milestones.
- Soccer Stars United Travel Program (Ages 7-16): A soccer program unlike any other, with a philosophy centered on providing a nurturing yet challenging environment which encourages every player to express themselves, be creative and take educated risks on the field. The program focuses on developing character, communication, game insight, technique, and fitness skills. With a history of success, Soccer Stars United is one of the most prolific travel programs in the region, winning a wide variety of tournament, league and state titles.
Additional Program Offerings
In addition to their core programming, Soccer Stars also offers day-off camps, birthday parties, and private lessons. Whether you’re looking for the flexibility to create your own schedule, want individualized attention to develop skills, or have a small group of friends you want to play with, Soccer Stars has you covered. Coaches come to you and are available anytime, anywhere.
Sign Up Now and Save
The fall schedule is now available at soccerstars.com with classes across the UWS:
- BASIS Independent Manhattan | 795 Columbus Ave.
- Central Park West | 94th St. North Reservoir
- Crossbar | 250 W 86th St.
- PS 199 | 270 W 70th St.
- PS 9 | 100 W 84th St.
- Riverside Park | W 71st St. & Riverside Blvd.
- Shearith Israel | 2 W 70th St.
- The Jewish Center | 131 W 86th St.
- Soccer Stars Center | 606 Columbus Ave.
Save $35 on any fall program using Promo Code: WSRFALL23