You Can Train With Us Live On Zoom, At Our Studio Or We Can Come To You!
Sign up For Your Free Consultation & Receive a Two-Week ( 4 sessions) Trial For $47 Limited space available!
By Jason Greenspan
I was on the train coming home from the Silver Stars Fitness studio last week and someone assumed I was in the fitness business. I would’ve liked to think that it was because they thought I was fit, but considering it’s the wintertime and I was covered in layers of clothes, it probably wasn’t that. Actually, it was probably because underneath all my layers of clothing they saw my SILVER STARS FITNESS shirt.
So we started talking and he asked me a great question and interesting question. “He asked if I could recommend in ONE word the simplest and most beneficial form of exercise he can do without equipment that would benefit his health; what would it be.
I thought about it before giving him my answer and then I said MOVE! I told him just to move. He said what do you mean move? I told him to start moving more, and then I asked him how much movement he got in during the week. He thought and said-not that much!
The typical day of most adults is to get up in the morning and make the commute by SITTING in the car, riding the train or bus. Then you get to the office and sit more. Finish work and commute again to get home, SIT and have dinner and maybe SIT again and watch television. This is a viscous cycle that can lead to increased risk of disease and orthopedic issues.
In order to improve your health, just MOVE more often. Use your I-phone or pedometer and see if you’re close to the recommended 10,000 steps. Try to fit in more movement by getting up and moving around your desk while on the phone walk more as opposed to taking trains, buses or taxi’s.
The benefits of just getting in more movement throughout the day are better sleep and mood, increased energy, control of your weight, increased life span and decreased risk for various health conditions and disease.
If you want to improve your cardiovascular endurance the recommendation is a bit different than what you might do for health benefits. To improve your endurance, perform any activity that gets your heart rate up and gradually build up to 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise three to five days during the week.
Most people think you need traditional pieces of equipment to get cardio in or to increase their strength.
The reality is your best form of equipment is your own body and maybe some bands and dumbbells to increase strength. In terms increasing cardiovascular endurance, treadmills, bikes, etc… are great, but let’s face it- they’re very boring.
At SILVER STARS, we like to use cones, agility ladders and numerous body weight drills to get our clients heart rate up. Not only are these forms of movement a lot more functional than the bike, etc… they’re fun!
I hope I have convinced to you to JUST GET UP AND MOVE!
If you’re over 50 and tired of roaming around the large commercial clubs and are serious about accomplishing a specific goal- then we want to help you! Don’t put OFF achieving your fitness goals for another minute!
Discover the fitness program based upon research and my 30 years of experience that will improve your balance, decrease risk for aches/pains, lose weight, improve cardio endurance, posture and flexibility and of course get you STRONGER!
HOW WE HELP YOU GET RESULTS?
- GOAL SETTING– Our goal is to accomplish your goal We will help you set realistic goals with a deadline, which will give you laser-like focus to reach your goal.
- ACCOUNTABILITY– At Silver Stars, you’re not just another number. We actually care about you. We will help you stay focused on accomplishing your goal. We do this by sending you daily emails and text messages to help you stay motivated and on track to accomplish your goal. You’’ have access to our coaches throughout the week and your trainer is required to respond within 24 hours. And we track your progress so you can see how you’ve improved since the start of our program.
- EXPERIENCE– There is no BEGINNER or NOVICE trainers /‘coaches on our staff. Our instructors have minimum of ten years experience designing program for the baby boomer & beyond population and is led by a management team that has over 25 years experience in the fitness industry.
- AFFORDABLE- We make it affordable so that mostly everyone can afford to be healthy. Our FIT OR LIFE SMALL GROUP TRAINING PROGRAM and the SILVER STARS FIT PERSONAL TRAINING PROGRAM OFFERS MANY DIFFERENT PLANS TO FIT JUST ABOUT EVERY BUDGET.
- COMMUNITY– You’re NOT joining a gym, you’re joining a family and a community of like-minded people that will give you the support and accountability to need to succeed. You will be a part of our member-only private FACEBOOK group that will give you tips, motivate and inspire you to stay focused.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Now & Move, Feel & Look Better Later!
Silver Stars Fitness
850 7th Avenue, Suite 305
New York, NY 10019
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Please limit comments to 100 words and keep them civil. We delete comments that don’t adhere to community guidelines.