Cafe 86 was closed by the Health Department last Wednesday and remained closed over the weekend, marking the second time in the past six months that the restaurant on Broadway and 86th Street was shuttered because of violations.
Cafe 86 sells a wide range of food, from all-day breakfast to dinner options like Lobster Bisque and hamburgers.
In the latest inspection, Cafe 86 had problems with mice and roaches, as well as refrigeration. Those issues were also problems at the July inspection where inspectors also ordered the cafe closed.
The latest list of violations is below:
1) Hot food item that has been cooked and refrigerated is being held for service without first being reheated to 1 65º F or above within 2 hours.
2) Food Protection Certificate not held by supervisor of food operations.
3) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
4) Live roaches present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
5) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
6) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.