Man Jumps to His Death from Building on 75th Street

145 West 75th Street.

A 61-year-old man named Peter Frame jumped off of 145 West 75th Street on Thursday morning around 10:15 a.m., according to NYPD and a neighbor.

The neighbor said Frame lived in the building. Frame was an accomplished dancer with New York City Ballet for many years and taught at the School of American Ballet.

Alastair Macauley, chief dance critic of The New York Times, wrote that Frame was “said to have recently been in good spirits.” Macauley noted, however, that dance legend Paul Taylor’s death was announced on Thursday morning.

Frame left behind a note, according to Capt. Timothy Malin of NYPD.

If you are thinking about harming yourself or attempting suicide please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

1. Meg says:

Peter Frame was an absolute treasure. Such a kind and wonderful person to have at SAB and on the UWS. Such a loss.

2. EricaC says:

I’m very sorry to hear this – so sad that he was in such pain.

3. Lisa Greenwald says:

His teaching and his beautiful spirit touched so many. He will be sorely missed. Heartfelt condolences to his brother Paul and the rest of his family.

4. Roberto Fuenmayor says:

I am extremely sad, he was the sweetest man, kind, generous, talented. I last saw him August 1st and we had a beautiful conversation and hug. I miss him already

5. Chris a former student says:

This is a tragic loss. I am so sad for him.

6. Just a devastating loss. Peter was a bright light in this world. A wonderful, encouraging friend and inspiration to me over the years as an artist. We used to run into each other all the time and have the spontaneous in-depth conversations. Even though I knew him so well or thought I knew him so well, there was no indication that he would kill himself just a devastating loss. I am shocked and please, if anyone feel so desperate, reach out they are people love you and will help you!

7. Martha Henry says:

Peter was a gentle spiritual and lovely man who will be missed by his many friends and students. My condolences to his family.

8. Judith Cohen says:

So much bad news for Ballet this week and so much emanating from New York City Ballet….tragic is the word!

9. Sabrina Pillars says:

It has not been confirmed that Peter committed suicide. It is likely that he did not intend to kill himself. He did not fall from the roof he fell from a neighbors third floor balcony and the note that was found in his apartment was not a goodbye or apology or gave an indication that he planned to kill himself.
      Please allow the police to finish their investigation. I am a friend of Peters and I live in the building.

thanks.

• Yvette McClain says:

Sabrina please keep us posted. I loved and still love Peter. I’m a security officer in the building he worked in. My name is Officer McClain. I would greatly appreciate it

• Ishil Ellis says:

Thank you Sabrina…. RIP Peter Frame.

10. Leslie says:

A friend of a friend….so shocking and tragic. What did his note say? Does anyone know?

11. Albena Kervanbashieva says:

Iam so shaken by this news! I knew Peter through the NYCB ballet workout which we taught in the NY Sports clubs. Wgat an amazing person, such an inspiration, I really wonder if this is really a suicide… RIP, dear Peter!

12. Yvette McClain says:

I’m so sad because this man has giving me so much comfort and genuine concern. When I met Peter I automatically felt something different. It was a warmth that only few ppl give you.
      I’m sorry for babbling.. I’m still very much in shock. I’m so sorry I wasn’t able to reach him the way he did for me and so many others.
      I’m going to miss you Peter..forever my crystal man. It was an honor being your friend

13. Patricia says:

He was a gentle person, always kind, never had a bad word for anyone. We at NY Sports Club who worked out side by side with him, will always remember his smiling face. I just can’t believe it. Condolences to his brother.

14. Patricia Sandler says:

He was a gentle person, always kind, never had a bad word for anyone.

15. M Schmidt says:

RIP Mr Frame. Hopefully you will find peace and have a joyful reu ion with Mr Balanchine and Mr Robbins

16. Michael Cherry says:

I am so very saddened by this. Peter was the sweetest most generous, and enlightened man, and had an incredible sensitivity to music and dance. I will always remember him and the wisdom he imparted.