Several Sunday events on the UWS this weekend will result in street closures, and any cars left on the streets will be towed. A massive march to raise awareness about climate change is being held on Sunday, and people will be gathering beforehand on the Upper West Side. That means several street swill be closed and police will begin towing cars on Saturday night. The info in the bottom right of the poster above is hard to read, but it’s also included below.
Also on Sunday, there will be a street fair on Columbus from 66th to 86th streets, and Bloomingdale Family Days on Amsterdam from 106th to 110th. This city website lists street closures throughout the city (though sometimes it misses a few). If we’re missing any other events and closures, let us know. Oh, and just to keep things fun, the U.N. is in town this week!
The info below about the climate march is from Council Member Helen Rosenthal’s office:
However, that means there will be CROWDS of people and BUSES and some STREET CLOSURES.
Please help spread the word so no one has their CAR TOWED.
Cars must be off the street for Sunday use:
NYPD will tow your car.
CPW: 59th – 86th
TOWING BEGINS at 3am Sunday morningAmsterdam: 73rd – 86th
TOWING BEGINS at 3am Sunday Morning
Cars in this area won’t be towed, but you will have LIMITED ACCESS to your cars from EARLY Sunday morning until 2-3pm.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Central Park West, from 59th Street to 86th Street, will be CLOSED at 7 am
- Columbus Avenue, from 66th Street to 86th Street, will be CLOSED at 7 am
- Central Park 79th Street Transverse will be CLOSED at 7 am
- Central Park 81st Street Transverse will be CLOSED at 7 am
- Amsterdam Avenue, East Side, from 72nd Street to 86th Street, will be CLOSED at 7 am
- 65th Street through Park is currently planned to remain open to traffic
- 86th Street through the Park is currently planned to remain open to traffic
- Both of the above streets are subject to immediate closures if the situation changes
If your car is parked in any of the following locations, it will be TOWED and RELOCATED by NYPD:
- All cars parked on Central Park West (CPW)
- All cars parked on 86th Street – North and South – from Broadway to CPW
- All cars parked on the EAST side of Amsterdam, from 72nd Street to 86th Street
- All cars parked on Columbus Avenue, from 66th Street to 86th Street (Street Fair)