On Tuesday, the Upper West Side’s Community Board 7 will review and vote on the proposed changes to West End Avenue, the demolition of the building at 207 West 79th street, a handful of liquor license applications (including the long-awaited Riverside Park outdoor cafe), and several proposed penthouse additions to historic buildings. Check out the full agenda below:
Tuesday, September 2, 2014, 6:30 PM
Jewish Home Lifecare
120 West 106th Street (Columbus – Amsterdam Ave) Proposed Agenda Subject to Change
Approval of minutes from previous full board meeting
Chair’s Report: Elizabeth Caputo
Nominations of Candidates for Board Offices for 2014-2015: Elections Committee
Community Session – We welcome all members of our community (residents, businesses, CBOs) who would like to speak on issues of interest to them. Please limit remarks to one minute and, if possible, provide a written copy for the record.
Manhattan Borough President’s Report: Diana Howard
Reports by Legislators
Andrew Albert and Dan Zweig, Co-Chairpersons
1. West End Avenue, 70th-106th Streets. NYC Department of Transportation’s West End Avenue safety enhancement proposal. The plan is available at the CB7 website.
2. Hampton Jitney. Application to the Department of Transportation by Hampton Jitney for drop-off stops in front of:
a. 5 West 86th Street, West of Central Park West
b. 107 West 86th Street, West of Columbus Avenue
c. 2345 Broadway, South of West 86th Street
d. 2219 Broadway, South of West 79th Street.
3. 10 West 93rd Street (Central Park West-Columbus Avenue.) Request by residents of 10 West 93rd to the NYC Department of Transportation to have the three No Parking spaces in front of their building restored to alternate side.
Jay Adolf and Gabrielle Palitz, Co-Chairpersons
4. 102 West 75th Street (Columbus Avenue.) Application #15-4977 to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for brickmolds for eleven (11) previously installed arched windows on the sixth floor.
5. 219 West 70th Street (Broadway – West End Avenue.) Application #15-7448 to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to increase the 5th floor with a horizontal addition of 280 square feet.
6. 20 West 72nd Street, d/b/a Sambuca (Columbus Avenue – Central Park West.) Application #15-7562 to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to modify existing storefront at first floor.
7. New-York Historical Society, 170 Central Park West (West 76th – 77th Streets.) Application to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for temporary installation of banner on the upper facade of the Central Park West face.
8. 207 West 79th Street (Broadway – Amsterdam Avenues.) Application #15-9134 to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to for demolition of the building and construction of a 16-story residential building with cellar and ground floor retail.
9. 31 West 89th Street (Columbus Avenue – Central Park West.) Application #15-7872 to the Landmarks Preservation for a roof top addition, a rear addition, and excavation at the cellar and rear yard.
10. 22 West 90th Street (Columbus Avenue – Central Park West.) Application # 15-5984 to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a 300-square-foot penthouse and two terraces on the rear façade.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee
Michele Parker and George Zeppenfeldt-Cestero, Co-Chairpersons
New Unenclosed Café Applications:
11. 50 West 72nd Street (Columbus Avenue.) New application #5871-2014-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by 50 W. 72nd Rest, LLC, d/b/a Riposo 72, for a two-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 13 tables and 30 seats.
12. 2794 Broadway (West 108th Street.) New application #6768-2014-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by AJS Public House, Corp. , d/b/a Tara Hill, for a two-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 10 tables and 20 seats.
13. New applications to the SLA for two-year liquor licenses:
• Hudson Beach at West 105th Street in Riverside Park. 106 Amsterdam Corp, d/b/a The Ellington.
• 210 West 94th Street (Columbus Avenue.) Whispers Bar, Lounge & Restaurant LLC, d/b/a To be Determined.
• 507 Columbus Avenue (West 84th Street.) Blossom West Inc., d/b/a Blossom West.
14. Unenclosed Sidewalk Café Renewal Applications:
• 269 Columbus Avenue (West 72nd Street.) Renewal application #1423787-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by 72nd & Columbus Restaurant, LLC, d/b/a AG Kitchen, for a two-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 8 tables and 16 seats.
• 429 Amsterdam Avenue (West 80th -81st Street.) Renewal application #1421365-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by VAI UWS, LLC, d/b/a Vai, for a two-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 11 tables and 26 seats.
• 477 Amsterdam Avenue (West 83rd Street.) Renewal application #0883095-DCA to the Department of Consumer Affairs by 83/Amsterdam Restaurant Corp., d/b/a Hi Life Bar & Grill, for a two-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 9 tables and 26 seats.
Parks & Environment Committee
Klari Neuwelt, Chairperson
15. Booker T. Washington (MS54) Playground (West 108th Street between Amsterdam & Columbus Avenues.) Department of Parks & Recreation’s proposal the renovation of basketball and handball courts.
Bylaws Task Force
Roberta Semer, Chairperson
16. Request to amend CB7’s Bylaws – Disclosure.